It’s been more of a game of musical chairs than usual this year heading closer to Spring Trials time. The first bit of news came at Cultivate’19 when Proven Winners announced they wouldn’t be at the California Spring Trials this year. Then we heard that GroLink broke it to the 11 or so exhibitors right before Thanksgiving that they would not be holding Spring Trials in 2020, so as of press time, many of them were still scrambling to find new homes. And Dümmen Orange traded in their winery for the beach.
A few notable changes this year include:
- Suntory, PlantHaven and Vivero found a spot to show together at Seaside Gardens in Carpinteria.
- Schoneveld is at Green Fuse’s stop in Santa Paula.
- Ameriseed will be at Speedling in San Juan Bautista.
- Berger, the growing media company, will be at Pacific Plug & Liner in Watsonville.
- Dümmen Orange has moved to the Avila Beach Resort near Pismo.
- After Varinova announced their partnership with Syngenta, their cyclamen will be at Syngenta’s stop instead of Danziger
- The newly formed company HilverdaFlorist will be at Takii in Salinas.
Be warned that this may not be a complete list and that there may be even more that changes between now and right before the event. But don’t let that stop you from scheduling your travel plans to head to the West Coast! After all, we’ll be there, as always, to bring all of the highlights for those who can’t make it out to California or to all the stops.
Remember to rip this page out to use as a reference guide to help with your travel plans. And you can keep up with what’s happening by reading our Acres of Buzz e-newsletter every day of the trials and watching the videos at www.youtube.com/growertalks.